Tuesday 13 December 2011

I’m suffering at Milan – Taiye Taiwo

By: Online Publisher's
Taye Taiwo  
Taye Taiwo



AC Milan defender Taye Taiwo has voiced his frustration with his lack of regular first-team action at the Serie A champions in the 2011-12 campaign.

The Nigeria international joined Milan from Marseille on a free transfer during the summer, but has so far failed to make an impact at his new club. And there is huge speculation in the media that he could be traded in the winter market which opens in just over two weeks time.
“I am suffering every day because I don’t get to play football. I joined this club in order to play, but I have made only six appearances so far,” Taiwo was quoted as saying by L’Equipe.
“I had a good game against BATE Borisov in the Champions League at San Siro. But four days later, I was not used in the Championship against Lecce.
“I don’t understand how things work in Italy. Sometimes I even have to watch from the stands, but I really need to play in order to show what I can do. I do not understand at all. I will not stay like that. There (France) I stayed a month without playing? It is not possible. Because of my physical conditions, I need to play a lot.
“It looks like (coach Massimiliano) Allegri doesn’t have faith in me. It’s not like me to just sit back and do nothing in a situation like this. In addition, when the coach speaks Italian, he is too fast, and I do not understand.
“But I have no problem with the coach; I don’t have a problem with anyone here (Milan). I never went to the coach to ask for explanations. I do not know what it is. He makes his choice.”
Taiwo says he is ready for talks with the Milan management to clear the air on his future.
“Yes I will ask the top (managing director and vice president of AC Milan, Adriano Galliani). I need to play. I will not stay like that all year, playing five, six games, it is not possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment